PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Dec 2009, 13:08
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM

It's easy for the management to decide what needs to be done to achieve the savings because I really doubt that they know what an aircraft looks like on the inside.
But that's the management's job! (And insulting their qualifications for the job doesn't help your argument.) Do you think the cabin crew should decide on the service standard? I'm afraid that's not how any scholar of business methods would approach the issue.
It's not them, or YOU, who needs to deal with it onboard. This happens to the problems many of us deal with every time when we come to work these days.
So it's a PROBLEM that you have to work a bit harder? Or it's a PROBLEM that the business passenger has a bit longer with the service going on around him?

So it's a strike over problems???

To be willing to bring an airline down over PROBLEMS such as these makes me think your union has done an even worse job than I thought of explaining its case. Blimey.

BTW, I now ask every sector if there have been any problems with the service. I haven't had one single adverse comment (apart from working a bit harder(!)) from any SCCM. So each trip I've been able to pass back positive feedback to your management, as requested.

No idea what you're on about. 75% is 21 days on followed by 7 days off excluding mbts.
So have they been making you work more than 21 days in 28? (As a reminder, you said you were being made to work more than 75%, despite your 75% contract).