PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - Seeking docs to play "House" for real
Old 30th Dec 2009, 13:05
Pitts2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TV,

Thanks for the suggestion. I should probably add that, despite my out-of-date Pprune location, we are in Brazil right now working through a Children's hospital in the city of Curitiba (about 500 km from Sao Paulo). It has a mixed reputation; some say very good, others very bad, all anecdotal. It seems to have a full complement of normal departments, but I think we're out of the realm of the normal. If they run out of ideas, and Sao Paulo or Rio don't have the expertise to help, we'll be on a plane to GOSH as soon as practicable.

I think at this point we need to find people that deal in the weird and the arcane - people who have seen the one-in-a-million cases like this one. The question is, who are they? What area of expertise are we looking at? This doesn't seem to be a hemotology problem, so which department do we turn to next? Just thinking aloud there, by the way.

I appreciate you taking time to respond, and offering whatever you can. It all helps!!

Cheers,
Shawn