PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 12:36
Skybeds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANOTHER low cost airline that GF will have to compete against as a REGIONAL airline!! ... how will GF survive???

DUBAI - An investment firm in Abu Dhabi plans to launch a low cost airline in 2010, UAE-based Al Khaleej newspaper reports Sunday without saying where it got the information.

The new operator will be the third low cost airline in the United Arab Emirates after Sharjah's Air Arabia and Dubai's Fly Dubai.

The paper quotes unnamed persons in the UAE capital as saying the company is scheduled to start operations by middle of next year. The new company will operate flights from Abu Dhabi's airport, the paper adds.

To keep updated with the very latest news sign up to the Maktoob Business newsletter now.
same thing went in my mind when i found out about this.. thats why im telling every body that GF should forget the domestic rout because they are now being ruled by those low cost carriers... its time to go big because this is the era of survival of the fittest ... its time to aim for the international routs.if GF goes for the regional aircraft. business travelers would surely shift some other airline.. passenger yield from other cities would be low... for example .. if there are like 110 out of 125
( airbus 333s) passengers from london who want to continue their flight to dubai.(lets say ..because there is a huge business project which needs to be taken care off)...how will those small regional aircraft accommodate all of those passengers(from Bahrain to Dubai), its pretty obvious that less than half of them would be able to travel till dubai
hence they wont fly GF to go to dubai.
if bahrain was a big country like oman or KSA, it would be ok for the airline to purchase the regional aircraft ..from my point if the airline wants to have a fleet consisting primarliy of narrow body jets, i say go for 320s.. because they are more reliable. efficient.. and most of the staff are experienced in handling them...so the airline would save more money than switching to the emb.. If the airline is really desperate to save money, the airline should forget about the new livery plan.. at the same time the airline should invest their money in the newer seat and cabin.

Last edited by Skybeds; 30th Dec 2009 at 12:53.