PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 02:21
Saint Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yves Leroy

Hello Katell,

It's great to have a member of the fair sex reading PPrune. Your phrase regarding your father "...who worked for Okanagan Helicopters back in the 1970s and may have assisted Bristow from time to time" suggests we may be talking about two different people having a similar name. The Yves Leroy I worked with in West Sumatra back in the early seventies was ex-French Army and flew early model Sikorsky S-55's in North Africa. I met him again in Tehran in the mid- to late-seventies, after that I heard he was flying from Aberdeen. All of this time he was with Bristow, I don't recall any Okanagan connection.

If indeed we're talking about the same person, then am I correct in remembering your mother's name is François (correct spelling?) and when your father was working in West Sumatra you all lived in a big house in Penang next to the Swimming Club and your mother, who I remember as speaking better English than your father, was always saying that she couldn't keep the children, including you, out of the swimming pool. If this is the case then we met when I passed through Penang on a crew-change. My best regards to all.