PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Dec 2009, 00:00
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HiFlyer14

As I have pointed out I don't always agree with everything BASSA does. I didn't know that crew from GLA and MAN never got to keep their seniority or grade when their bases closed down and were transferred to LHR but I do think that they should have been allowed to keep it. Not the ground staff offered CC, though, because they're in a different department and not IFCE.

Glamgirl,

BA could remove the imposition if they want to. They have enough crew on both EF and WW. I never suggested that they should offer full-time for part-time crew and I doubt very few would accept it. I for one would never do it. If I want extra cash I'd apply for W2W.

To your question with what should be done to meet the savings. Go back to original crewing levels, change the disruption agreement, remove telephone allowance and a two year pay freeze. Remove New Fleet and introduce a new contract on existing fleet, as originally suggested by UNITE, but there must be a clause that prevents new recruits from taking work from us and scheduling should be monitored to secure that. Seniority should remain and promotion should be based upon that on ALL contracts.

That should give them enough savings.