PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Dec 2009, 21:11
ExSp33db1rd

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Heavy Heavy, #725

I appreciate your comments, and agree that this is not the forum to discuss S.T. 2009, but I didn’t start it, someone else introduced the topic so I felt it important for a few facts to be laid before the readers before ill-informed statements stared coming. I helped found the Staff Travel Working Group to fight the injustice to the selected few – and we haven’t given up.

I have no difficulty with present staff receiving better benefits than I enjoyed whilst working, Life moves on, I just want what I was promised – and worked for. Had WW decided to remove S.T. from everyone then so be it, it is the inequity that is so cruel. . What you should be worried about is that if BA can treat me and my colleagues so cavalierly – what are they going to do to you before too long !!

If anyone wants a full, and accurate, background of our campaign pls. P.M. me. It is well documented.

When the final curtain falls on our Staff Travel in 2014, BA will either be history, so no contest, or back to profitability and a more enlightened and sympathetic management may treat us with a but more compassion. One lives in hope.

Thank you,

Big Brutha
.......couldn't give a stuff......

Sentiments reciprocated, may you never retire, and never have to suffer such comment from those who.." couldn't give a stuff.. "

If I thought for one moment that denying a few old buffers the ability to purchase rebate tickets, and maybe enjoy the occasional so-called "free" trip -only in otherwise empty seats - would save the company and with it my pension, I'd be first in line, but when I see that at the same time benefits have been increased, and the pool of participants enlarged - and good luck to the new benificiaries - forgive me for being cynical.

I would have loved to have worked with the airlines to 65, not sure about 70, but at 75 I’m still flying, and instructing, albeit voluntarily unpaid , for the local Coastguard

I actually have some sympathy with the concept of S.T. 2009, and had it been applied to everyone equally, starting on 1.4.09 you would never have heard of me.

Best of luck, I sincerely hope the airline survives – our pensions need it - I'm still saving for the rocking chair. ( my pension was set in 1982 - you work it out )

Wiggy,

……….at worse lead to some fairly robust replies.
Not a problem, but not here, I agree, all I can do is sit on the sidelines and hope that this present mess gets sorted out.

Two-Tone-Blue / Albert Salmon

Yes, NZ. - and thank you for your understanding.

Back to your Cabin Crew discussions

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 29th Dec 2009 at 23:45.