PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sloppy feel in cyclic
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2009, 20:51
sycamore

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Ronnie,from what I recall and it`s 38 yrs since I last flew a Lynx,you have 2 hyd. systems,2 generators,and 2 autostabs/autopilots,but await corrections to that. Amax.cont check is usually carried out at a safe height generally at best climbing speed ie appx 60 kts say,with one engine at idle at a time,and power applied until one reaches either a Torque limit/TIT-temp limit/or an Ng limit,before the rotor RPM` droops` significantly. repeat again,then do the other engine. If the RRPM droop significantly,then that engine`s governor needs adjusting,and exercise repeated. I can`t recall the RRPM that the generators drop off-line,possibly 92%, but if the `secondary hydraulic pump is a bit `tired`,or has insufficient fluid,or air in the system,then a collective `demand` may give the autostab/pilot insufficient `power` and make the controls feel `weak/sloppy`,as also there is a reduction in t/rotor performance, requiring a bigger pedal input. There are possibly otherreasons but without a look at the transmission diagrams/hyd /elec systems,this is just a guess..
Tourist; where did you fly a Gaz. with an autopilot ?