PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EY Safety Survey
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2009, 19:11
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HoggTart

If a pilot reports fatigued then is sent to HR that may or may not be perceived to be the correct form of action. In theory a Fatigue Risk Mgmt System (if in place) has the procedures to be followed by crew and the Company. In my airline we do ask the Pilots to call the duty pilot if fatigued (as it could be the case he/she is downroute and in theory it should not be seen as harmfull for a Pilot to speak to their Manager as I would do if i reported sick/fatigued). However, the main reason we ask them to call their Manager is they sometimes change their mind (i've had two cases of sick and despatching a biz jet only for the pilot involved to change his mind)

I would say however it takes a brave person to call fatigued in this day and age although things are slowly changing. It has to be said a lot of fatigue calls are made after mistakes are made, the problem is getting the pilots to put their hands up before it reaches this stage. If HR have set upon this chap then any FRMS in place has been blown away.
The safety survey should be made public, and will be a real test for the Airline EY when the results are published. And if the results aren't like the survey won't be published!.