PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shall we just wing it Mrs.Bell?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2002, 14:19
sennadog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shall we just wing it Mrs.Bell?

Well I did it!

Got my solo QXC done today routing from REDHILL - GOODWOOD - SOUTHEND - REDHILL.

Feel pretty pleased now it's done but I was nervous about it. Made a few mistakes which I was a bit p*ssed off about, transitted Shoreham and there was no lovely lady on the ATC but I managed not to get in anybody's way, so it worked out alright.

Did anyone watch the Jimmy Bond film last night on telly? I loved the bit when he jumped in that Cessna with the Student PPL and began trashing the place - perhaps not the best film to watch prior to a QXC but when she (Mrs.Bell) asked him what the plan was for the lesson, he replied with the thread title.

Made me laugh anyway.

As this thread has a film theme to it, I have to thank several people for helping me out here a la Oscar nomination but it won't be as long as some of the acceptance speeches, don't worry!

First off SKYYACHT for giving me a leg up with the Navigation exam. Ta muchly

Next, Evo for a really detailed email that he sent to me which helped me out in finding Goodwood. You were bang on the money there mate - I owe you a beer or two sometime. Cheers

The nice people at Goodwood AFIS who were most accomodating. This is a great airfield and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone - great facilities as well.

The equally nice blokes at Southend Tower who had two QXCs in at the same time on almost the same track must have thought Armageddon was about to hit them. Thanks for helping me out with my balls up. Ta again.

Last but not least, G-BXPD for getting me home safely. Don't worry, I normally talk to machines - just ask my car.

To anyone getting close to their QXC - go for it. It is a great experience.

Cheers, All.