PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EY Safety Survey
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2009, 04:57
Hoggtart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I agree with Nightfire and EY346Driver, goodwill is gone I feel that with regard to the Safety Survey, if it is not completed by all the company will take that as a sign that all is 'well', and nothing will be done. As we all know it is not. Safety is an issue as you are aware that does not just impact on EY, if something does go wrong then it is likely that there would be collateral damage on a huge scale, and no pilot or aviation professional wants that on his or her conscience. My hope is that the survey will reflect the dissatisfaction of how safety is being abused particularly on the A320 fleet. If the survey is conducted properly then it is more than likely that the GCAA and possibly other authorities will get involved. For my part I have kept a copy of my form and additional information (with examples) and if nothing is done and should something happen in the future I will be able to at least offer my copy to the official's concerned. Call it an insurance policy!
For the rest of it I agree working to rule or the letter of your contract is all that the company are entitled to, they have certainly not gone the extra mile for us.

Happy New Year Guys.....