PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Dec 2009, 01:58
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM, obviously you have your reason why you don't trust management. Do I trust management you may ask?? Well I do and I don't really. I don't disbelieve everything they say and dismiss it and try and think what they might do however I don't believe everything and think they are amazing either! I just don't think they are the enemy some people make out.

The ballot is NOT about New Fleet which is perfectly legal unfortunately. The union has had plenty of oppurtunities to avoid it - by making concessions on current fleets in addition to the crew complements. We can't have our cake and eat it unfortunately. Somethings have to give. The Unite proposal was not enough. However when BA pointed out this, BASSA threw toys out the pram leading to this imposition - but BA still waited 3 months or so after deadline before imposing!!! By the way, don't mean to sound patronising, but how has your flights been since imposition? Why can't we trial these complements and feed it back if they are not working. ''Imposition doesn't work'' well neither does refusal to negotiate when a company is bleeding cash. The company also has a responsiblity to shareholders and keeping other people who have agreed to savings in jobs, if they just let themselves lose so much cash without doing anything, they would be seen as ''neligible''.

Apart from getting rid of the telephone allowance and a 2.9& or whatever paycut, what changes do YOU think BA could do instead of what they have done/New Fleet? Because unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and savings need to be made but the company said they will try and minimize the effect on us current crew. Whether you believe them or not is another story but....