PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 20:10
frequentflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that people think that they can pay £1 for a ticket and the airline can afford to have spare aircraft and crews standing by for any kind of disruption. You get what you pay for. The customer is always right and he wanted the low cost airlines which means there is no contingency when things go pear shaped.

In fairness I doubt groundbum paid as little as £1 for a ticket to Malta. I've just had a look at the easyJet website and a couple wishing to fly there from Manchester in six weeks time for a 10 day holiday will pay almost £300.
Mrs. FF and I flew MAN to BHD last night (Sunday). When we checked in it was obvious an easyJet flight had been cancelled as a large number of people were circulating in front of the airline's customer service desk. The flight in question had been travelling to Munich and the cancellation was obviously at short notice as some passengers already had boarding passes and shopping from the Terminal 3 Alpha Retail Unit which is after security. They had to retrieve their luggage with the MUC tags attached so they had definitely checked in.
From conversations overheard in the security queue I think Easy had managed to re-route at least some passengers on other airlines.
Meanwhile, an Easy flight to Tenerife was getting ready to depart more than four hours behind schedule.
When easyJet flights from Luton were cancelled during the bad weather last week a young woman travelling with her little daughter to BFS was initially told she could not travel until after New Year although they later found room for the delayed passengers the next day.