PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DII(F) IT System
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 17:11
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And herein lies the rub. The MOD is being ripped-off left right and centre - 19" monitors recently supplied where I work were sourced on the basis of the DII(F) spec (and are actually exactly the same monitors as those in the catalogue), but will need to be replaced by 17" versions. New business/ DSE cases will need to be written to justify their replacement to AIR (not our command, but the lead for the tranche) at a cost of £500 - £600 EACH!

"Ah but that includes through-life support!". For a monitor?

That said, some things are inexpensive (MS Project for example), but I honestly don't believe this project is set to deliver the value for money we need, and I will be amazed if the Treasury doesn't see through the only partially-clothed emporer that is DII(F).

The problem many units will face is that the money has already been taken away from local managers to assist in the transfer, but my spies tell me that the project itself is already broke, like some monstrous pyramid scheme. We have little money left to support our own systems, yet DII(F) keeps getting put further and further back.

STH