PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Cracking Article in The Thunderer
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 14:06
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LateArmLive.
Thanks for for comment. Now, if you read what I typed, then you will see I made no mention of the suspected (yes, I obviously read it) team in the article, but was actually referring to a show of force and not the suspected team (it's all there in type for you to see).
Yes I do mention ROE's, but am referring to them not being the most lethal they can be (although I do not know you, it does seem you may have not been on the planet for long, if you are not aware of how the U.S. commanders have slated Brit ROE in recent times).
What we do agree on, is me sticking to what I know. So as I alluded to above, if an enemy jet only passes over me at low level (no guns/rockets) then I would just carry on as normal (SOP's regarding effective enemy fire-as I am sure you will know).
On the other hand, if the team in the article were only suspected (as YOU mentioned them), then assuming they were innocent, the low fly by could be a really good way to alienate the locals

*if you have grasped hold of the single word 'enemy' I am sure you already know these blighters can be anywhere, and thus very low flying will expose the aircraft to their nasty deeds.