PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 28th Dec 2009, 12:42
Buter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business travellers in Jersey will stay with BA due to the schedule, aircraft capacity, the ability to make up the schedule after large scale disruption by utilising larger aircraft and the business/club lounges.

Corporate travel assistants would, of course, be well advised to avoid booking during known strike windows - other than that, saying that the island's companies and financial institutions will be avoiding BA until further notice is pure cr@p. The alternatives to BA, Aviation Beauport not withstanding, are not really suitable for corporate travel, IHMO (you may chose to argue this point but it is merely my opinion based on facts and experiences flying on and off this rock for far longer than I would care to remember).

Feel free to run our company down. When the worst happens and BA shuts down you can bask in your superior knowledge whilst you try and decide between betting your important meeting in London on a Dash-8 or a Shorts 360.

By all means, let your views be known here, good or bad. However, I can't help but think that there is something seriously wrong with 2 different people who claim to be Jersey businessmen chosing to spend their (presumably) valuable free time on a pilot forum. Sad, really.

Enjoy the debate, I'm going to the beach.

Buter