PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - les Francais sont-ils moins bons que les autres ?
Old 28th Dec 2009, 11:45
Gwan man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cape

As a coloured french man, I have a lot of issues with the french, regarding them being arrogant and them feeling superior. I have experienced that reality first hand. I have had my "very angry" period about it, but now I have moved on ... moving to the UK have helped a great deal ...
I am saying this with the only purpose to show you that if any bias I have, it is in favour of english lovely people ... and yet, as far as the pilot profession is concerned I would wholeheartedly back CL300 very spot on post.
I observe that the french way of ignoring the rules from time to time and "doing it their own way" may present the risk of going too far and seriously compromising safety. However this nature is a very valuable asset when it comes to handling non standard situations where adaptation outside the SOP's is required.
I have a lot of stories where my intention to hand fly raw data ... for the fun ... are met by my british colleagues with them looking for the panic button... and as things go smoothly with the needles hitting the right numbers, I am all of a sudden regarded like an exceptionnal pilot. I just then tell them the truth:"I have just done what I was taught in the flying school". It was a french school and I feel lucky to have been taught the french way... nothing exceptionnal there