PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tories to look at pensions.
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 09:12
ScufferEng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Everyone is barking up the same tree, namely reduction of costs to the public purse!!primarily through attacks on our pensions. It makes me angry now we are having the fickle finger of fate wagging in our direction!!

Maybe, just maybe we could examine the route of increased personnel taxation ONLY FOR THE SHORT TERM to get us away from Bankrupcy Central. simplistically a covenent with the government (agreed by all colours) i.e 2 years at an extra 10 % should do the trick PROVIDED ALL LOOP HOLES THE SLIPPERY RICH ARE USING AT PRESENT ARE CLOSED and tax avoidance is more seriously pursued. This is very simplistic and could be modified with increased personnel tax allowances to help lower income earners and protection offered for home owners?MIRAS? Married persons allowance?Scrapping of taxes on savings? after the two years tax goes back to it's present value. This may proove un-palatable for many but would avoid the insisdious Fiscal Drag that will affect us for decades with the present policies and would keep the experience and recruitment going in the public sector. I've no doubt that the smug bankers will harp on about re-locating to the Cayman Islands or similar; LET THEM GO and take away their British Passports on the way out- there is enough talent in the UK who would relish the chance to replace them.

We must not become the Pariah figure of the Economy as the political parties and more worringly the National press is turning us into.