PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - les Francais sont-ils moins bons que les autres ?
Old 28th Dec 2009, 09:04
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is quite interesting how my response to the question :
"les Francais sont-ils moins bons que les autres ?"

which was
The French have a couple of pretty fundamental flaws in their approach to life in general, and this is reflected in the way the country and its public and private enterprises operate.

Firstly there is the credo that most French people follow, that French is best, and that nobody else has a clue. Therefore they will not listen.

Secondly there is the 'blame' culture whereby somebody else always has to be blamed for failings, and there is never a place where the buck stops, there is never anyone who will accept that he screwed up and now has to accept the blame and put things right.
has become taken and escalated to the realms of hate speech by some of you. The question, to me at least, invited an answer. I gave an answer, which was clearly not the one you wanted or expected, and you have now accused me 'hating the French and their culture'. Ironically though it seems that to some of you the zenith of French culture is Johnny Halliday and Charles Aznavour. Please guys, do yourselves a favour, and take a long hard look at the absolute rubbish that some of you have written here. France has produced writers, philosophers, musicians, and scientists of note, even if one discounts those whom you have claimed as French when they weren't, and yet the best you can come out with are Aznavour and Halliday. How sad is that?

The point that emerges to me is that you do consider yourselves to be superior to everyone else and you hate it when someone who is not French points out that you are not.

The title topic was about the French, not France, so comparisons of the security situation in SA and that in France are irrelevant, and were dragged up by someone who calls himself KAG (KAK?) . Yes South Africa does have a security problem and nobody denies that, but then many of the 'banlieues' of France's large towns are no safer than some of SA's townships.

I remind you again we are talking about the culture of a nation, not about the country itself.