PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 05:29
theXfactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TJ,

Let me start out by saying you are nothing more than a company bootlicker. I cannot imagine as to why. I can only guess it is because this is your last job in aviation and your just trying to hold on long enough until your retirement kicks in. I have to laugh at your attempted usage of the word drivel but yet you keep saying "dribble". I wonder , by chance, if you also say the point is "mute" instead of moot. Are you a product of the California Public School System?
2. Our monthly pay: Well, once again this is not a Midex caused problem for our pay ending in November. Right now, as I write this, the UAE is celebrating it's 38th year of independence (I agree, big deal). But the downfall to that is... everything that has to do with business is closed until Sunday. Everything has been closed since Dec 1. It's a 5 day celebration and there is nothing we can do about that. Our pay will be here when the banks open again on Sunday. Midex is NOT holding our pay for some unknown reason. Though I have to admit, they could have paid us early but... that didn't happen. Again, if you're gonna spit dribble, make sure you know where you're spitting.

Of course you say it isn't Midex fault, I say it is. Once again the lack the foresight and planning to actually correct the problem before it occurs. Not only was nothing done but the employees were never told about the delay in payroll. Once again the crewmembers have to overcome the lack of planning because of piss poor management.
Let us not forget about the policy of not being paid when you one your leave rotation which happens to be against UAE labor law.
3. Those that leave in the middle of the night: It has not been "more like 12" that have left. With the one that left on Dec 2nd, that brings our total leaving at 6. The others that left gave a 30 day notice. Those that left in the middle of the night were all Airbus guys.

I know you have trouble with math but the count is much, much higher. I can definitely say that the attrition rate is running around 20%. That is pretty high for a company with less than 75 pilots.
I find it hilarious that in the last couple classes, Midex has not been able to successfully hire a single A-300 Capt. Management wants to hire more crews but they cannot even keep up with the current attrition levels.
4. December 2nd: Midex finalized the purchase of two additional 747-200s from Air France. They are "scheduled" as of today to be in possession in March, online flying by May. Don't hold me to this, we all know things change day to day. I only hope they are able to find crews to fly here based the current duty times required here.

Its not like crew scheduling follows the duty times anyway or maybe they can just bribe more crews to break the duty time regulations or threaten to fire them if they don't break the rules.
5. I am not a one to stand on a box and shout the goodness of Midex Airlines. Midex has many problems... some of them are really, really bad. I don't know if they will ever be fixed because the owner of this airline has his own ideas about how an airline should be and how it's crews should be treated. We do things here that I have never experienced in 33 years of aviation and 7 airlines. But... I am here by choice and choice only. So because of that, I only complain to those I fly with... not on this websight. I read the "dribble" that some put here and again, it's not always correct information.

The only information here that is not correct is what you like to gloss over. The current problems run deep and continue to get worse day by day. I have also experienced things here that I have never experienced before and that is a BAD thing. Poor to non existent maintenance, putting unserviceable parts into airplanes, no life insurance even though we were told there is a policy, no rosters, firing one of the secretaries because she did not answer the phone fast enough, and the list goes on and on.
TJ, we know you are a BOHICA kinda guy and I suspect that you actually like it. Others deserve to know the truth about this disaster known as Midex, so maybe they will think twice before coming here.

Midex has started a few new contracts for the Airbus... we can only hope it all works out as there are some snags in the program. Hopefully the learning curve will straighten out and things will get better... we can only hope.

It is only a matter of time before these contract are screwed due to maintenance or should I say the lack of maintenance. We actual have ride along maintenance that does not bring tools along. Why do they need tools when they do not even have spare parts to fix the airplane.
Leaving your posts would have put the # of views through the roof, leaving tomjones to question even further why the new reality show, 'Midex Oasis', is such a hit!
I wonder who is going to be the next person to vote themselves off of the Midex Island?