PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Crash Jamaica
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2009, 03:39
Captain Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To some it was a Christmas miracle that all 154 people aboard an American Airlines flight survived.

In the middle of a rain storm Tuesday night, Flight 331 came to a crashing halt on the runway in Kingston, Jamaica.
Story continues below ?advertisement | your ad here

Capt. Brian Cole, who lives in Juno Beach, was in control of the landing.

"I have the highest gratitude for my first officers and the flight attendants that were with us on the flight, to be able to get everybody home to their families," said Cole.

The Boeing 737 split in two and 92 people were taken to hospitals. Thirteen people were admitted but none of the injuries were life threatening, officials said

"It's just crazy to think my mom's boyfriend was the one involved but I'm just really glad that he saved all those people," said Sam Faria.

Faria and his mother live just down the street. He said Cole suffered a concussion and a broken arm.

The pilot's sister released a statement saying, "If you were ever on a plane, he's the guy you'd want as your pilot. He cared about each and every person on that plane."

Cole had planned a Christmas gathering at his home with his three sons, but plans were up in the air.

Cole's neighbors said they hope he will make a speedy recovery in time for the New Year.

"He's the nicest person you can wish to come into your neighborhood or your life," a neighbor said. "He's just wonderful."