PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Crash Jamaica
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2009, 23:02
Old School Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw a video today on CNN of the Captain Brian Cole being interviewed briefly with his son standing next to him. He was the same Pilot who was pushing the wheel chair with the PAX in it.

Dec 27, 2009 7:56 am US/Eastern
Pilot Praises Crew After Plane Skids Off Runway

Miami Flight Overshoots Runway In Jamaica

The pilot of an American Airlines jet that skidded off a runway in Jamaica last week praised his crew for their professionalism and was thankful that he was able to be home with his family for the Christmas holiday.

"This is the best Christmas," Cole said, "I am just so happy to be home with my family."

Captain Brian Cole said Saturday from his home in Juno Beach that he had the "highest praise" and "eternal gratitude" for the way his crew reacted and helped their passengers.

"It's a testament to the professionalism of American Airlines," he said. "I have the highest praise for my first officer and eternal gratitude for the way the flight attendants reacted in their professionalism to get all the passengers home to their families, as well."

Cole suffered bruises on his forearms, chest and stomach, but no broken bones.

Flight 331 was landing in Kingston, Jamaica, late Tuesday in heavy rain on a flight from Miami when the plane skidded off the runway. Both engines were torn off on impact and the jet cracked open in three places, but all 154 people aboard survived.

The study of the plane's wreckage will end Sunday, and officials will then review flight data recorder information that is expected in the next few days, said Oscar Derby, director general of Jamaica's Civil Aviation Authority.

"We are investigating every possible factor," he said. "We are leaving no stones unturned."

Last edited by Old School Flyer; 28th Dec 2009 at 16:17.