PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threat to the Shuttleworth Collection
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2009, 20:58
doppleganger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To oxenos,
Very sorry to have upset you, but I think you misunderstand. I have no objection to having insurance, or being asked to prove it. I would be more than happy to get it if that is the official policy of Shuttleworth. However, the chap who was stopping people flying on that day was NOT a Shuttleworth official, and could not show any ID whatsoever, which is why I say it was disturbing.

I have not been able to get an answer from Shuttleworth on whether it is their policy that all flyers at their model flying days must be BMFA insured (I have asked them), and would still like to get an authoritive answer on this, if only to find out who this guy was.

My boy, who is 7 years old, loves to build simple balsa rubber powered kits no bigger than 16 inches span, most are smaller, and it is a series of these that he was flying on that day. He enjoys building them, flying them, and fixing them when they are broken.

However, as you have requested oxenos, and as a result of that most hostile character on that day, we will not return to Old Warden to fly model aeroplanes at any time in the future.