PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 19:19
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM

Agreements are in place for a reason. What's the point of having them if you intend to work outside of them? We can extend our duty if needed. It's not completely impossible.
??? So, to paraphrase, Agreements are there to be adhered to, but we can extend our duty if necessary?
Two conflicting statements.

I am anything but selfish but as long as we have these agreements I will stick to them.
I'm sorry but that's exactly how you come across. I think that's why the British public poured so much scorn on cc post ballot.

As I said if they are re-negotiated so for instance that concerned crew on a certain trip can decide if they want to extend their duty or continue after minimum rest without permission from BASSA I would work according to that.
Cake and eating it spring to mind.
And why do you feel you work at Bassa's behest?

Because we cannot exceed our agreements (even at captain's discretion)
Yes of course you can.

IFCE is definitely the management. I can't say that I feel part of the department itself.
gl
But you do feel part of Bassa.

The nub of the problem.

I have to hand it to Bassa, that's what they've always wanted, and that's what they're scared of losing of they don't get rid of WW.