PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2009, 19:09
Herc708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with RYR is that they are always asking for shortcuts and this is blocking up the radio frequencies unneccessarily and also distracting for the ATCO's associated because it does nothing to enhance safety and introduces an associated risk as people depart form normal tracks

As an example, if 13 is in use, anyone on Scottish will regularly hear 'can I have 31' if they are coming from the South regardless !

There was a case recently on Scottish where two RYR's were approaching PIK I believe from the NE. One was slightly ahead of the other, the first made the obligatory 'can I have the R/W that is NOT use', the second then quickly got his oar in with the same request. The ATCO then got busy sorting it out, instructed the first RYR to go to PIK App, but the second RYR took the call as well and both went on to PIK App. This left the original ATCO trying to call the second RYR - totally fruitless effort, blocked the frquency unneccessarily and was a particular hazard for the second RYR not to mention the rest of us whizzing about in the Scottish sector