PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 18:11
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ MissM
Two-Tone-Blue, What does Afghanistan have to do with this? Spare me the sarcasm, please.
I shall spare you, and also spare you further sarcasm about your altruism in giving WT+ pax your few left-over hot towels. That was a noble gesture, above and beyond the call of duty, which I'm sure they appreciated deeply.

You have almost convinced me to switch back to BA ... but not quite.
My company's policy is now to avoid BA as far as practicable, and my personal policy is in complete accord with that. [Ooops - sarcasm again, it must be the hot towels].

Please feel free to continue discussing the detail of doors 5 L/R. But, as Glamgirl said ...
... you need to remember that customer comes first. You also need to remember that you're employed by BA to do a job.
You [or some of your colleagues] don't actually do the job very well, MissM. You have inflated ideas about your status as saviours of the flying public. Your job titles reflect what you are and what you do - Cabin Service Director [not Flight Safety Coordinator], Purser [not Senior Door Supervisor] and Cabin Crew [not Door Monitor]. It may come as surprise, but the majority of staff in the public sector, and in private companies, also carry significant secondary safety responsibilities.

MissM, at the moment you are summarising to everyone reading this thread a litany of reasons why [a] the paying pax are unimpressed with BA LHR CC on long-haul, and [b] why you won't be greeting us at the door with those charming faux smiles in the future.

Still, I'll still be flying with someone when all this is over. Will you?