PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 18:04
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't matter what happened however many years ago, or what might happen in years to come. What matters is now.
Very wise short and sweet statement there GG!

Remember when Bill invited us to fill out surveys as to what was important to us about our job/career/prospects etc and what wasn't, and to talk to him, email him about ideas for savings etc. I was going to and thought what a great idea! The union hasn't consulted me and he's willing to listen. I didn't in the end as BASSA said it would mean that they could use it against us (This was before I started to lose faith in them!) What BASSA really was scared of is crew would have actually consulted their employer rather than BASSA being able to control the company and have power. That's why they were concerned.

There are many things I would be willing to consider giving up, as some crew have posted ideas on here, if BA were to implement them New Fleet would most probably not be necessary!! Before someone says ''but what about Unite they gave a proposal'' as we have stated time and time again - it was a 1/3 of what BA wanted so we have to come up with new ideas. Rather than whinge and whine as to why we have to make up savings, and coming out with all the drivel BASSA does, why can't we be constructive. Alot of crew say ''I understand change is needed we are flexible by our nature'' but can't for the life of them consider giving anything up other than maybe the measly telephone allowance and other Unite proposals (although maybe that is a start!)