PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 17:56
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlideBustle,

I won't argue with what you have written because it's pretty much accurate as to what has happened. UNITE dealt with the ballot process extremely poorly and as I wrote in one my first messages I have never been so humiliated of the outcome.

I also know that BASSA presented a proposal which was only worth around a third of what BA wants. I didn't agree with all of the things in their proposal and especially not their suggestion for Middle East B2Bs. We already have enough of them and I hate them as the plague.

I don't think UNITE is the only one to blame. I think BA has also played a really nasty game with their Project Columbus trick for the past two years only to create unneccessary anxiety and worry amongst us crew. BA has also probably been arrogant in their negotiations and I have to be honest and say that I haven't got too much faith in our management any longer. Well, they lost my faith a couple of years ago. Once bitten, twice bitten syndrome. There always seems to be ulterior motive with everything they do and that's why I don't believe for a second what BF is saying about protecting our pay through a travel payment. That's only a temporary measurement until they come back for more.

would you rather be out of a job, on the dole, or on New Fleet?? If you applied to any other airline would it be better than New Fleet??
I couldn't afford to go over to NewFleet and I'm not sure if I would even want to if I could. I don't want to do mixed flying. It's hard enough doing long-haul solely. I can't comment about what other airlines pay but probably not and I suppose this is also why BA receives thousands of applications every time they are recruiting.