PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 13:04
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I'm not referring to NewFleet, I'm referring to the removal of the crew-member.
Removing one to two crew members saves £40 million. Crew levels are apparently non-contractual which is why they haven't done anything else.

Willie doesn't care about how much each individual is paid - it's the overall cost of the department + its flexibility that concerns him.
No, he probably doesn't care about anything else than numbers and running a smooth company.

Are you saying you stay on the aircraft until the legal limit at base?
I can't speak for all but as long as you are able to operate your flight according to your collective agreement you'd stay on the aircraft. There's no point leaving base knowing you're going to have to divert somewhere because crew will be out of hours.

The impositions achieve BA's desired cost (savings) without affecting your pay, is this not a win/win?
Not really as NewFleet is part of their cost savings plan. I suppose it's a win-win situation for many people who'd be taking over our jobs.