PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 12:44
dave747436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM
The impositions achieve BA's cost savings? The only imposition which we have so far is crew reduction. If you are talking about NewFleet...
No, I'm not referring to NewFleet, I'm referring to the removal of the crew-member.

That is the extent of the imposition, do you agree?

You've skipped over my whole post & gone off on a tangent - you can't strike over something BA may do in the future.
I tried to address this with my comments about market rate...
Your best defense is to be seen by BA as being competitively priced in the marketplace, and then there's simply no incentive to attack your T's & C's.
Willie doesn't care about how much each individual is paid - it's the overall cost of the department + its flexibility that concerns him.
...but you seem to have missed this.
Any thoughts?

are you saying that cabin crew on WW are not flexible and working their hours?
Are you saying you stay on the aircraft until the legal limit at base?
I'm not saying CC don't work hard (they do!), but that is not the same as operational flexibility.

I'm trying to be constructive, but you're responding as though I'm being aggressive - that is not my intention.

The impositions achieve BA's desired cost (savings) without affecting your pay, is this not a win/win?
Is this not true?

If it is, I stand by my comment
The only big loser here is BASSA, which has been completely bypassed, and THAT is why you are going to war with BA.