PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Dubai
Thread: Goodbye Dubai
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2009, 12:34
bherald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing

Most of us (foreigners) wouldn't be here if we were competent enough to get what we expect in our own countries.
While I talked about new opportunities and new experiences referring to the healthy fact of exchanging expertise and gaining more experiences other than that available in our home countries, you are stating that most of the expats are there because of disappointing experiencies in their home countries..This is amazing!
There's no secret why all businesses are f**** up in this country when all "advisers", "consultants" and "phd holders" are only looking after short term personal benefits.
You seem to blame the economic crisis in this God foresaken part of the world on the expats who you are accusing of being there only for short term personal benefits. I wonder who works there for free? Who is there offering charity work? Yet it is only fair to say that one has to offer and put in what is worth his/her salary. But such accusations are amazing!

Sure nationals have a big responsibility in giving us visas and positions we shouldn't have.
Again, here I find you implying that expats do not deserve visas and positions they were given. While I say that there are bound to be individual cases where foreigners were misjudged, your statement was amazing!
I find your confidence in the locals groundless, and your implications regarding ALL expats terribly unfair..but for you to hold this opinion is amazing!