PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 11:58
LHR27C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a surprise as I also wrote that previous flights have been full too. I did operate a half full 777 to ATL in October...
Whether your flights are full or not has little to do with the amount of money BA are making. Have you heard of yield? BA have had to discount like crazy recently, load factors do not reflect financial performance - the only advantage to BA is passengers are flying with them for peanuts rather than flying with others.

For an example, I flew with BA return LHR-SIN-SYD in September for £215 all inclusive - less than the taxes on the route! OK that was a special promotion but it indicates how desperate airlines are to get seats filled.

week and a half ago people were furious over crew and three days ago BA did CDG and GVA with chock-a-block 747 and 777
That was nothing to do with extra people booking BA. It was because of weather disruption on 21st-23rd which meant a lot of pax arriving in from US etc missed connections. BA upgraded equipment to deal with the backlog. If the weather had been better they wouldn't have done it.