PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2009, 09:35
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Routes for Props

I read with interest the rumour that EI will use props ie Aer Arann wet lease. I cant see BHX or MAN being operated by ATRs. I would bet strongly that EI would not use ATR on
DUB to BHX/LGW/MAN/LHR but yes on GLA/EDI and perhaps JER in summer.

Aer Lingus cannot capture the business mans needs on a daily rotation case in mind EDI/GLA to DUB.

Moreover, with T2 opening & the transatlantic routes in ribbons, surely the idea would be to use an ATR to give EI the ability to serve the likes of LPL, DSA, LBA and a few other regionals, particularly the Ryanair destinations that are daily eg BOU, ABZ(not as freqently as daily) and do double daily.

If EI got after the UK regions to US traffic in a serious way that in conjunction with T2 offering there is potetial to feed good pax into US network , similar to what KLM do with AMS hub, and I believe that Uk to US via Dublin is an easier sell than via AMS???

I am thinking back to routes that EI did with F50 from DUB or indeed 146..
(not complete schedule but some or all of the flights at least)..
BRU/DUS/RNS/JER/BRS/LPL/NCL/LBA..

On the face of it looks like a good idea, perhaps RE could look at developing routes ex LDY/NOC/SNN where Ryanair would deem a 738 too big for same markets. Also would a the wet lease arrangement lead to EI Selling seats via their website on existing routes...

Eg DUB/IOM, DUB/BLK, DUB/CWL, DUB regional routes???

EI-BUD