PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Dec 2009, 06:10
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
overstress,

Crew are holding onto T&Cs because once they are gone they'll never come back!

SlideBustle,

NewFleet would eventually replace both EF and WW. It might be voluntary at the beginning and surely some existing crew would go over for quicker promotion and no seniority system but sooner or later when most of our destinations have moved over those of us on mainline will be stuck on endless blocks of standby. BF's suggestion for a monthly payment (which would even out our monthly payments) is just a carrot for us to accept so that they can go ahead with NewFleet but once most of the destinations have gone over they'll come back for new negotiations, or should I say give an ultimatum, that either we resign or go over to NewFleet but on a new contract. Why? Because paying a travel payment every month for crew on a fleet with almost no destinations is not economical they'd say. Don't you think it will be a "starvation of work" case?

Jean-Lill,

You are right. The contract states that we can be moved to any fleet where there is operational demand but fortunately we do have transfer lists as some protection. That's true but the fact also remains that when I was recruited in -95 there were different fleets yet one airline. But, there are many airlines with separate fleets and it's working for them. I don't doubt for a second that there are many people who would happily accept NewFleet and those T&C but what the company is doing to existing crew is destructive.