PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 26th Dec 2009, 05:14
Ianpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Pilot in training

I am new to my training, just opened my Jeppesen private pilots manual for the first time less than a month ago (don't laugh, we all have to start somewhere) and even I know that the outlook for ANY flying job is bad at best!
I am just happy that I have the deal of a lifetime on training costs, and have lots of practice at being poor, because i am sure it will be a long time before i get my first flying job.
Nobody wants to hire a pilot with the minimum skills and time in the air to get a license. Getting more hours in the air, staying current on qualifications, and further training will cost money on top of more money. It could very well end up i never get hired, but i am still going to go for it because i love flying!! Even if i never found a flying job it is going to be a great learning experience.
I was told by a friend "If you learn to fly for the money, you're in the wrong field. if you would fly for the love of flying, getting paid is a bonus!"

good luck to everyone!!!