PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Dec 2009, 22:37
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM, I agree with what you are saying, BUT the company has said that New Fleet will be seperate from WW and EF... That Project Columbus document leaked late last year actually emphasised that it will be voluntary and will only grow on growth and attrition, we would keep our current T&Cs. Before you start shouting how can you believe that, well all I have to say to that is how can you speculate otherwise or disbelieve. It was the union who suggested ''starvation of work.'' I agree that it is a worry and something to look out for BUT could it not be accepted on the agreement with the union that the fixed monthly payment, ratio of equal distribution of low and high earning routes could be binding/contractual. If they could accept it based on this I would accept New Fleet. Plus, my attitude is that I would rather a job, albeit on New Fleet than no job at all - which could happen if all the union want to do is do absolutely anything including strike to keep everything we have.

I personally agree New Fleet is not ideal, the company recognised that and was planning on making some agjustments to our t&cs and new contracts for future crew and future promotions

If you agree that change is needed, which many Yes voters claim, then what kind of things could be changed... Because until now people say that but then whenever any proposal is made many people go NO NO NO.... BASSAs proposal didn't save enough so would need to be changed/added to....

Killigrews post should be a real eye opener, Killigrew I would just like to say I am really sorry for the situation you and many ex-colleagues of yours are now in and thanks very much for your poignant post!!