PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2009, 00:37
TheMaskedDispatcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manchester - 7

'Would seem for 2 days running now, MAN has refused permission for BA widebodies to divert from LHR. Apparently, the stands are not safe' !!! - The96er

I'd heard that too. . seems they'd rather tell large airlines to keep their nasty Diverts away rather than face the embarrassment of having them stuck on stand (or on a taxiway, remember we cant take more than 2 A380s at the moment . . 3rd strike and its out!) for hours and then being too icy for anyone to deal with them (or have any busses, steps, equipment etc etc) for ages as they are 'extra'. How oft do we hear of diverts 'tell them they're an extra and they'll have to wait' . . .And how REASONABLE and UNDERSTANDING flight deck and Airline representation are when given this as a reason for being unable to provide the very basics of service to a disrupted flight!

More and more we hear of police being called to aircraft to protect the poor staff forced to deliver bad news re service times to either airlines or the travelling public (most often both!), might one say that the 'Ladies and Gentlemen' announcements should now read 'Louts and Thugs' as i'm told true Ladies and Gentlemen went out with the good old days of 60's aviation (they wore hats too i'm told)!

T-M-D