PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 24th Dec 2009, 10:29
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to refute another popular misconception, I haven't heard of too many receiving tea and biscuits in Dublin for every indiscretion possible. In most instances either your Base Captain or OFDM facilitor will discuss any matters that come to light. As much as many would just love to believe, I haven't come across an 'issue the P45 now, ask questions after' policy. Sorry to disappoint.

However in the interests of adding balance, here are two areas where you can expect a meeting with our Chief Pilot.

1. Gate bust. We have clearly set criteria for a stabalised approach along with a specific call advocating the PMs position at a critical period. Should the criteria not be met then the result is more often an unstabilised and possible high energy approach. Failure to react to a EGPWS 'hard' warning won't receive too much praise either. Ryanair aren't keen on these and the OFDM never lies.

2. TOC Warning horn activation - Attempt to take off with Flaps unset or stab trim out of range will certainly raise attention. A major campaign has been put in place to ensure specific steps are taken right up to departure to ensure everything is set to go, each checklist is actioned, ch allenged and responded to. Ryanair are aware of how a checklist, a scan or a flow pattern can easily be broken, largely due to external factors. They have put a number of procedures in place to ensure it doesn't occur. The Madrid incident with Spanair really highlighted its importantance. The procedures were well in place before the accident occured. The company has a no tolerance policy this.

So these two things can land you in bother. Why not? Both acts of negligence, if a court were concerned. I'm sure the majority of airlines would take a similar view. Level Bust is another area that creates attention and requires the 'pulling' of the CVR CB. I can't see any reason to dispute any of these policies. What's your carriers policy, smith? Maybe enlighten upon what policies XL had in place, Beak?

As for the guys in PIK yesterday, sorry to oppose contrary belief, however they will remain very much employed.