PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 24th Dec 2009, 10:17
RoyHudd

I Have Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Year Wish.

The best thing that could happen in 2010 is that CTC, OAA, Eagle Jet and the other rip-off merchants all go to the wall. The airlines would then be forced to slowly re-absorb the experienced pilots over the next 5-6 years. T & C's would gradually stop declining too.

Aside from the irrelevant concept of fairness, there exists a gross imbalance in experience between left and right seat in many of the today's carriers, and consequently safety is threatened. There is no more room for inexperienced type-rated pilots, quite the reverse. Yet still they come.

No airline will voluntarily hire more expensive employees as First Officers when the possibility exists to make money from people who although qualified have zero experience and precious little airmanship to fall back on. (Even the talented ones.)

Sully got it right, but as an American, his views carry little weight with the biased and avaricious UK media. The state of play today is increasing danger for the airline passenger, caused by greed of the training organizations, airlines, and ultimately passengers. Stelios and O'Leary have much to answer for. And the world is not about to reverse it's catastrophic direction.

I fear that it will take a few aviation disasters before my wish starts to come true.