PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 24th Dec 2009, 07:28
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4468
Sorry. Work with BA, or move on to 'better' employment. Simples.

The 90 days notice of new contracts would weed-out at least a few of those who don't "get it". So that'd be a start, but would leave still a lot of crew working under "protest". I guess they'd just need to be reminded that by signing the new contract, they "chose" to stay in BAs employ. If the company does go for this opton, then I'd hope it'd come with a very strong reminder of the type of behaviour and attitude expected, which would be monitored and enforced, equally and fairly. In return, maybe a means of involving crew in decisions around products/services might be offered, thereby going some way towards the apparent need for "recognition and acknowledgement", whatever that's all about.

As far as Eurofleet is concerned, most of us seem to be rostered at around the 770 hours per annum mark. Using us upto the full 900 would hugely improve productivity straight-off.

Let's put the CAT out, and work fixed links through LHR. Working via CRC makes the job even more stop/go than it needs to be and, in my case, seems only to add to my tiredness.

Do we need 37 days leave per year? That's a lot of time in my (old fashioned) view. Personally I'd rather give-up 12 of these in order to maintain 10 days off per month.

Short, early, there-and-backs (MAN, CDG for example) ..... what are they about? Coming to work for half a day .... why?

Not sure if it'd be more cost-effective, but I wouldn't mind some 4 or 5 day trips.

Telephone allowance is hardly justifiable these days so could be done away with, or at least halved.

Just some simple ideas .... bigger brains than mine would have to work-out the detail.