PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2009, 04:41
Thaimike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diverts

I have to agree entirely with the above posts, I wasn't having a go at the late staff as I know they are already stretched to the limit to deal with the normal evening arrivals, having to deal with extra aircraft parked on distant locations is always a pain, it not only removes staff from the apron but also equipment is dispersed all over the place, plus the scheduled arrivals should take priority over diverts, and when you have only a skeleton crew that's not really on.
As for the good old days with aircraft parked 3 deep all over the place that's OK for the spotters, not the workers, I can remember the angry passengers parked 10 deep all over the terminal waiting to be individually dealt with, already not amused with their new location in Bournemouth far from where they should be in the wee small hours, no facilities open as they rightly close after the last departure & security being asked to stay on to make sure passengers do not run amok!!
Maybe a quick buck for the purse but a whole load of bad publicity for the airport from disgruntled passengers, better to send them to on their way to an airport fully operational.
Take what you can & wave goodbye to the rest with a clear conscience!!

Keep up the good work.