PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 23:38
SL Hardly-Worthitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Utterly...Utterly....Brilliant!!

You know, sometimes it can be a bit depressing reading some of the bitchin', back biting, pompous and arrogant utterances that pass for 'comments' on the PPRune pages.......however, once in a while, you lot come good and provide much merriment, tongue in cheek banter, and a hearty dose of excellent old-fashioned humour......BRILLIANT!!

Over 30 responses to 'Bungling Bob' and his toy soldiers......and all entirely worth it! Hope you've all enjoyed the entries as much as I have - but very difficult to judge.

Honorable mentions must go to:

Longhitter's
"We're not going to give them paddles for the battle over Sh*t Creek, are we?"
VitaminGee's
Hey, Bob! Have you been dubbed Napoleon coz yer don't know yer a4se from yer Elba?
Roadster280's (simple and very effective)
"Where's me 'elicopters?"
However....Top 3 for the Christmas Number 1 spot (cue the 'Pick of the Pops' soundtrack...)

in 3rd position:

Buster Hyman's
"The Missus reckons I might be overcompensating for something..."
...at Number 2 (and only very narrowly missing the Top Spot) is
Shlonghaul's most excellent
Air Vice-Marshal Sir Hardly-Worthitt DSO DFC & bar (most likely earned at The Rose & Crown) surveys the scene of his latest war game, a re-enactment of the Battle of Walter’s Ash. At the time this photo was taken he was considering sending in his secret weapon code named ****e Hawk in a final push for victory. He regards war gaming as his favourite pastime however some of his close friends feel he is obsessed and must have a nut loose.
and thank you for the promotion!!

However......there can only be one winner......with 5 separate entries (including the one with the amended picture showing the results of Bungling Bob's cuts so far) the winner is....

NutLoose with his pithy and biting
Bob in his final days in his secret bunker emulates Hitler by moving around his imaginary armies whilst blaming the fall of the country on everyone else
Sir, I salute you, and pass you the baton of providing all with the Christmas 2009 picture.

To all - may You and Yours (wherever you may find yourselves) enjoy a Safe and Very Merry Christmas and a fruitful New Year! Take Care, H-W.