PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 23:04
MancRy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Groundbum, I work for Easyjet but I don't own them and therefore will not defend them to the absolute ilt. But, without sounding patronising, you really do have to have some airline experience. Whilst I have been known to get frustrated with certain departments on occasion, during these difficult times....Easyjet's operational departments are worth their weight in gold. The main issue is that many aircraft in this Weather have ended up diverting which places a strain on crew hours. They end up having to nightstop in some instances or return back to base very late which has a knock on effect if those crew members are flying the next day....i.e they need their rest period. This is fine because we have crew on standby but when you have lots of aircraft in a similar situation, there simply aren't enough standby crew and neither can you expect their to be when on the other 362 days of the year there is ample standby cover. Add that to the problem of crew members unable to travel in to work and the usual sickness and it's a huge problem.

Over the bed weather, easy op's were attempting to move crew the length and breadth of the Country in order to get things back on track. Also, just to put things into perspective......in 2 years of being with Easy I have only experienced one flight cancellation and that was on Sunday.

It is awful that many people have had their travel plans disrupted this time of year........not just Easyjet and MAN passengers but passengers right across Europe and various airlines. Frustrating? Most definitely for yourslef and I hope you eventually enjoy your holiday....but to pass comment so elaborately on here about something you know very little about is not the way forward.