PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 20:18
h&s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are kidding? look at Gerona-Alghero, it works very well. But also lots of spaniards want to go to corsica
Hi Icing, no I am not kidding ;-) First how do you know Gerona Alghero is working very well? In the eventuality you have the load factors (which is possible even if probably not the case), don't forget that sometimes, Ryanair is not profitable with routes above 90% LF...
However, I do agree with you that the route should work reasonably (and not very) well but Figari and Alghero are very different markets. Just look at the size of Alghero markets, it's around 400 000 inhabitants within 60 mins drive, vs what - 50 000 for Figari maximum... I also assume most than a half of the passengers are coming from Alghero on GROAHO whereas I can guarantee you that if you have 2 people per flights coming from Figari, that would be a miracle. Futur will tell, but I think the route won't survive its first year of operation (except if Ryanair for such non sense route blames the airport, so Figari gives even more money or Ryanair leaves the airport etc etc)
Anyway, the monney comes from the region of Figari, not from MOL's bank account.
We agree on this point - is Ryanair the most subsidized airline in the world?