PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview with Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2002, 21:56
the_fat_maintroller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celestar,
Guess you've heard enough about the fleet so now to your question.
I have had interview for an engineering job, I hope my info. may point you in the right direction.
My experience is, HR tend to make NO offers in terms of money or package at the interview, this comes when a job offer is made, I guess this stops people claiming they were promised the world in the interview.
Info from HR after a job offer can also be slow in coming, but if your grown up enough to move and want to get the most from living overseas you must realise that there are lots of ways of getting your questions answered about life in Doha, track people down and ask questions, your only gonna get out of it what you put in to it
As you are aware QR is a growing airline, shaking of a shadowy past, my understanding is they are looking for experience not strictly qualifications, people who will develop with the airline.
Accomadation appears to be readily available for rent, I would say some packages offer accom. allowance and you sort yourself out others the company supplies apartments I guess it depends on your grade.
There are a few topics, esp. in the Middle East forum regarding QR, read them and make your own mind up, (being an engineer, I understand just how much pilots like to whinge about everything)

For the record I got offered a job, accepted it and will be moving out in the near future and I am looking forward to it.

Good Luck and may the force be with you.