PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 15:52
groundbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not personal

re Manchester/Malta Easyjet cancellations, I'm not frustrated at the men and women on the ground as I suspect you are all pulling long hours in some nasty outdoor conditions.

I'm surprised at some of the abuse directed at me for having the temerity to be frustrated, as I would have expected coalface workers to also be frustrated that managers of their companies are cutting jobs and equipment and resources generally so that when things go wrong they go wrong spectacularly. Look at Eurotunnel, how long does it take to hook a diesel train to a broken electric train and pull it out the tunnel? Allegedly Eurotunnel has two rescue engines on standby and yet of 5 trains stuck some were stuck for 19 hours! Perhaps Easyjet run that as well?

My angst is that other airlines managed to keep things going, Easyjet did not. I believe the regulators that allow Easyjet to operate in the UK, the CAA and Trading Standards, could do with looking at this disruption and see whether their operation is worthy of their certificates. There is such a thing as hoodwinking the consumer and not delivering on what has been purchased.

If you bought TVs that worked 90% of the time you'd be upset, if roofer's only fixed leaks 90% of the time, if schools only opened 90% of the time you'd be upset and say not good enough.

And I understand the weather disruption, but also watched 96% of the other T3 flights getting away. So why not Easyjet? What have they cut back/scrimped on that so wrecked their operation, and my family's holiday? I hope they redeem themselves tomorrow when our holiday hopefully starts!

G