PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 14:43
Crash_and_Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fuss is about attempting to justify an argument that is unjustifiable.

The "Safety" card is a good one as it will provoke public interest. Apart form the fact it is a non-issue as BA are still operating within CAA/JAA/FAA guidelines. But when have BASSA let a fact get in the way of a reason to not lift a finger any higher than they already do?

Let's drop the safety talk cr@p.

This dispute is about Imposition (caused by a lack of negotiation) and/or the threat of new fleet (caused by a lack of negotiation) Hey I sense a theme here..... And for the record my opinion (and I'm allowed to have one) is that the lack of Negotiation is on the side of BASSA, no one else.

It is not about pay/ pay freezes/ working one down/12 days of Christmas/ hot towels in WTP/increased coffee prices etc...

Let's have an adult debate, without hissy fits or toy throwing about the best way for IFCE to contribute £140m savings towards the company on a permanent basis. (Yes it is more that any other department, tough. You had 10 years of not contributing through the demands of your union, that little holiday is now at an end and the company wants savings) If it is too big a chunk to swallow at once, why not NEGOTIATE to have it phased in??!?! (Only a suggestion)

CB

PS
Let's also drop any talk about how the company got into this situation. Even if it was down to Price fixing or fuel hedging or the champagne at the AGM, that is now history. Sacking the managers responsible (which happened for the price fixing over 2 years ago) isn't going to change the situation, nor can the departments in question makes the required savings on their own, even if they were to blame (which they are not!). If the company is to survive in its current form we all have to make sacrifices, or we will all be down the dole, simple. This ain't brain surgery.

PPS
If anyone wants to post the above on CF please do... I'd love to hear/see the reaction

edited to make up for my inability to spell, or even type.CB

Last edited by Crash_and_Burn; 23rd Dec 2009 at 15:10.