PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durban bound Emirates A330 in severe turbulence encounter
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 13:29
aguadalte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Divinehover,
Maybe I was not able to explain myself correctly. My apologies for that.
I'll try to do it now:
Sometimes you depart with a higher weight than expected. Your Economical Level will be a couple of hours latter than expected. When receiving your Atlantic Clearance you get your OFP requested level, which turns to be (due to your new higher weight) your Max LVL. If you decide to request your actual Econ LVL, you know that it will be later on below your economic one. There is a lot of traffic for that route. Wouldn't you accept your Max LVL, having in mind that you will be flying it as Economic latter on? Or do you prefer to start flying lower (but Econ) and risk to be below your Econ all the way down?
Sometimes, one has to make choices that "tactically" may seem wrong at first glance but turned to be "strategically" OK. Life is not always black and white, there are a lot of "colors" to be explored. And, not always one gets the Economic Levels, when asked.
The way one sees flight above Economic Levels as saving fuel for the company, really depends on the circumstances and experience on that particular route and ATC.
Happy Holidays.
V.