PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 13:16
MancRy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree......it really does sound like you are pi*ssed off and this is reflected on your post. But hey, who can blame you?

The fact is that Easyjet does operate a lean operation but as someone has mentioned before, operational performance in general is excellent. Also, MAN based aircraft, I guess, have a greater resilliance due to the programme per aircraft is never more than 4 sectors and with some long sectors, a lot of time can usually be made up. Also, the MAN based aircraft are very self sufficient in that they don't operate W patterns or interwork with any other route pair. Therefore, it would have to be exceptional circumstances (i.e weather) for the flight to be canx because loads are very high and no airline cancels flights willy nilly when they are full.

The old saying goes that aircraft on the ground cost the airline. Easyjet, even as a lean operation, do have aircraft on the ground across the network....especially in the quieter Winter months, but after the last few days it probably wouldn't matter if you had lots of aircraft on standby. It's just unfortunate......particularly at this time of year.