PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change of career
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 11:34
caprisoni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 1st post here i think, well worth it to comment on quagmiregiggidy's one...man, my heart goes to you, truly emotional words. Portuguese natural, small country but as a lot of us, me too, with 33 and bored out of my mind having "inherited" a family business, decided a few years ago that i needed, not wanted, needed to give wings to a long overdue dream of mine. A dream, that a few years ago was thought only to be fulfilled by traditional heros, real supermen. Well, against all opinions and advices i decided it was the place to go, start my line training...

Had some things to my favour, single, one property to mortgage, and a fierce will to fly a big bird! 1st thing. medicals, all good i'm now one of the supermen who are able to go on...then i found pprune, started reading some posts, the traditional am i too old bla bla bla, and then came to senses...thousands of opinions and posts later, and despite the "oh they re the scaremongers of the business, they always have been around" speech of the training school boss, i've put away the idea of becoming a flyboy, probably a ppl one but line training, no, that i've come to terms that probly not for me...

All you newbies, think, rethink, and then think a little more before you take the plunge!!!

Best wishes to all, happy holidays and a wonderful xmas, specially to you quagmiregiggidy...