PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 09:38
stephenboyd9396

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on guys, give this kid a break.

If he 20 1/2 years old now, then he was 18 or 19 when he started his training. Agreed, he probably didn't do nearly enough research, or maybe he was blinkered and only saw potential in something he has probably wanted to do for most of his life.

The fact of the matter is my friend, you have come into the market at a very difficult time and you can't get disheartened. If you believe you will get a job, then eventually you will. Don't listen to all the negativity from everyone on here. Do you think Howard Schultz (Starbucks) listened to the 95% of businessmen who wouldn't invest in his coffee espresso shop in Seattle back in the 60's. Now look at him; extremely successful, and as a bonus, although not a reason you should do something, he is extremely wealthy.

I presume that as you are so young, you don't have a trade to fall back on. This is going to be an issue for you. If you had your parents fund your training, maybe that can afford to give you some leeway with regards to paying back the debt. However, don't sit around waiting. Get ANY job you can to show willing.

As for the currency comment. How do you think you stay current???? I believe you should have read what you wrote before posting. It may have saved you quite a lot of flak.

Best thing you can do is dig your heels in, stay up to speed with airline news (every airline). Stay inside you ATPL theory books and keep applying for the jobs.